Three recipes, one f*ing delicious allergen-free, egg-free Instant Pot Cheesecake.
- Instant Pot Cheesecake (egg-free!)
- Coconut-Pecan Pie Crust (vegan-able)
- Caramel Sauce (vegan!)
Every so often a recipe is just right on the first try and this was one of those moments. I am in love with my Instant Pot. I placed the order and then I combed the internet for days planning what I would cook first, the very moment it arrived. This was the first recipe I made in it and (much to my surprise, as first times so often go) it was fabulous. I wouldn’t change a thing.
#AllergicToEverythingⓇ Instant Pot Egg-free Cheesecake with Vegan Caramel Sauce & Pecan-Coconut AMAZE Pie Crust
A lighter, creamy, egg-free, gluten-free, corn-free, wheat-free, allergy and vegan-friendly cheesecake recipe for your instant pot!
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup or agave (or 1 cup granulated sugar)
- 1/3 cup half and half or cream or almond milk
- 1 cup greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free flour or tapioca starch rind
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla
- 1 c. flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1 c. pecans, chopped
- ½ c. gluten-free flour
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp butter (or coconut oil if vegan), softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 tablespoons peanut (or any nut) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon bourbon vanilla
- microplane or cheese grater
- 1 7" springform cake pan
- parchment paper
- 2 paper towels
- 2 tinfoil to wrap bottom and top of springform pan
- 1 tinfoil sling
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot trivet
- 1 cup Water (for the Instant Pot)
- Pyrex measuring cup (or glass dish)
- 1 cup water (for the saucepan to create a double boiler)
Line the bottom of a 7″ extra deep spring-form pan with parchment paper.
Mix crust ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
Press the mixture into the bottom of the parchment prepped pan and press the crust down using a spoon or measuring cup so that it is tightly packed and smooth.
Place in the freezer (for about 15 minutes) while you make the filling.
Allow all cold filling ingredients to come to room temperature by taking them out a couple hours ahead of cooking, this will create a much smoother cheesecake.
Add the cream cheese, maple syrup, 1/2 and 1/2, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla to your food processor and mix until smooth.
Scrape down the sides. Add the flour and continue to mix until the mixture is creamy.
Scrape down the sides again and blend until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
Pour the mixture into the (parchment paper prepped) spring-form pan and smooth the top with a spatula or spoon. Tap the pan on the counter several times to remove any bubbles.
Wrap the bottom of the pan with foil, place two paper towels on top of the pan and then cover with a piece of foil.
Make a tinfoil sling to allow easy insertion and removal from your instant pot- take a 15" piece of foil and fold it over 2 times. See the visual guide to see what it should look like.
Pour one cup of water into the insert of the Instant Pot and add in the trivet with the handles folded down.
Place the spring-form pan into the Instant Pot using the sling, fold sling handles over.
Add the instant pot lid and seal the vent.
Set the manual timer to high pressure for 37 minutes.
Once it’s done, let it natural release. This should take 20-25 minutes. This is a great time to make the sauce!
Remove the cheesecake carefully using the sling and allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
Run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake to help prevent any cracking while it sets.
Put the pan in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
Remove from the freezer and run your knife around the edges of the cheesecake, release the springform tin. Carefully remove the parchment paper and place cheesecake on a plate.
Use a ladle or spoon to drizzle and smooth the caramel sauce over the cheesecake, I like to push it all the way to the edges so it drips over.
Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt together in a pyrex measuring cup (or glass container) for 30 seconds in the microwave.
Stir in the peanut butter until fully incorporated.
Fill a saucepan with a cup of water, put pyrex measuring cup (or glass mixing bowl) into the pot.
Heat over medium, stirring continuously for ten minutes.
Remove sauce and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Double the pie crust and freeze one in a ziplock for later. It defrosts quickly in the fridge or on the counter. PIE crust works well for freezer cakes and oven-baked pies. See the recipe here.
- If you don't have an Instant Pot - follow the recipe and "cook" it in the freezer. You can even make mini portions using small ramekins! OR, splurge and treat yourself, this is the Instant Pot I chose.
Cheesecake Visual Instructions
Caramel Sauce Visual Instructions
Please rate the recipe and comment or add questions below!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet and are considering one, this is the one I went with and I LOVE IT.